Top 10 Things You’ll Need to Know Before Visiting Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland.
Welcome to our blog! Yes, it is really overdue!
But, let us introduce ourselves we are Daily Departures Travel. We’ve been booking travel for our loyal and amazing customers since 2004. Who’s the we? Daily Departures consists of Valerie Jeffers and Dana Kilgore along with the other 5000 plus agents that make up Cruises and Tours Unlimited, so we’re small without really being small. We’ve been friends since high school seeing each other through bad boyfriends, breakups and family issues so who better to start a business with.
We hope you will join us on our blogging adventure! Twice a week will be bringing travel tips and hacks from travel coordinators, what’s new in travel, great destinations, travel news and much more. Anything and everything to help you see the world, our motto is Experience Life…Travel, and we hope that we can help you do just that.
So, on with the topic today!
Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge opens in Disneyland on May 31st. So, the question is are you on the edge of your seat? Star Wars is something we’ve grown up with, it is basically a huge chunk of our childhood. The first real non animated Disney movie I personally ever saw, which is a little ironic now. Here’s the top 10 things you’ll need to know if you’re going to visit Galaxy’s Edge in the first few weeks at either Disneyland in California or Disneyworld In Florida (opening August 29th).
The top 10 things you’ll need to know before you visit Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland
1. The Crowds are Going to be Insane. No brainer, right? Have patience and don’t expect to be able to get around in the park very easily.
2. You will need reservations. May 31st. through June 23th you will be required to have a reservation, that means valid park admission and be a registered hotel guest. There is one reserved space for each registered hotel guest. This is valid once for your whole stay.
3. There is a 4 Hour time limit for your reservation and if you leave early you cannot reenter.
4. The Rise of the Resistance attraction will not be open on May 31. Rise of the Resistance will be considered phase 2.
5. No fast passes for the Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run. It will be operating with stand-by and single rider lines only,
6. Oga’s Cantina will give you an authentic movie cantina experience. This is where you will find alcoholic drinks in Disneyland
7. You can finally get a taste of blue milk. No, it doesn’t taste like milk and it comes in a blue and green version. Both versions come in alcoholic or non-alcoholic. The blue has a tropical taste and the green a citrus taste. The early consensus is the blue is a little better.
8. Mobile ordering for the counter service restaurants will be available but only within Galaxy’s Edge.
9. You can build your own droid or lightsaber. The droids will be $99.95 plus tax and the lightsabers $199.99 plus tax.
10. It’s not a land you’ll be familiar with, it takes place in a place called Batuu. Dreamed up by Disney Imagineers.
This top 10 will get you started to joining in the fun of Disney’s most immersive lands ever developed. Get out there and experience it and May The Force Be With You.